Monday, May 07, 2007

Catching up

It sucks that tha G has fallen to the wayside in my day to day writing priorities, but such is employed life I suppose. And employed life that allows little time for games of my choosing, more specifically. But it's alright, Tommy boy has been holding up his end of the bargain fiercely, ripe with EA complaints and unbridled Rare love.

I finally perfected the single player game of Burnout Revenge (360), after picking it back up for the first time since September. Good stuff. You might remember how excited I am for Burnout 5. That wasn't an exaggeration. I've also been playing a spot of Halo 2 in preparation for the Halo 3 beta, which Tom and I will be checking out this Friday. Hopefully we can get a podcast up about it this weekend. Halo 2 is still grand, even if the foul-mouthed manchildren ruin the experience if you even think about putting on the headset. If there's one thing Halo 3 needs to improve on, it's being fun to play even when you're not partied up with pals. Sounds like they're truly putting effort into the anti-asshole movement though, so hopefully we'll see some results.

I also picked up Rhythm Tengoku and Soundvoyager, two amazing GBA rhythm games. I talked a little bit about RT on our last podcast, but Soundvoyager is spectacular too; you literally have to play it with headphones, but you also don't have to look at the screen when you're playing. So, yeah, there's that. And it's AWESOME.

Really I'm just biding my time for the Beta. With Mass Effect likely delayed and Culdcept Saga definitely delayed, there's a not a whole lot I'm dying for this summer. I'll probably run through The Darkness next month, but it's just kind of one of those guaranteed good experiences (from everything I've seen and played) that doesn't merit much further discussion than "it's hella sweet."

So yes, hopefully there will be much more to discuss this weekend. With love.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]