Sunday, January 07, 2007

This one is for the Freqs

Oh that Sony. I'm really not pleased about this. Apparently Harmonix suggested a PSP sequel to Frequency/Amplitude, and Sony shot them down. As Tom and I have tried to communicate DOZENS of times before, Amplitude is a far superior, deeper game than their vastly more successful Guitar Hero, and I know we're not the only ones who would welcome a sequel with open arms. Sony also canceled Traxion, another music game headed to the PSP (from LucasArts). I shouldn't care since I don't even own the system anymore, but that's perhaps the most frustrating part of all; it's a great piece of hardware with so much potential, and not a single game I'm looking forward to playing. Knowing that Sony is actively discouraging any game development on the system, especially a sequel to one of their very best franchises, is simply frustrating.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]