Thursday, November 30, 2006

Lunch with Tom - Beta Beta Beta

Lucky people have all the fun. As everyone should know, Monday is the official start of the Halo 3 hype season. Monday Night Football is finally going to bring in an audience other than diehard football fans (sarcasm lost on people who didn't have to suffer through a thirty minute Jamie Foxx interview) when the first Halo 3 commercial airs in homes across the country. Also on Monday, people can start signing up for the Halo 3 Beta due for release sometime this spring.

I may be a naive, overly optimistic man-child, but I just assumed anyone with an X360 would be able to play the Halo 3 Beta in a few months. My Beta ignorance is startling, isn't it? PC gamers have to put up with this crap all the time. Every Blizzard release is tested on lucky consumer's computers via a Beta. You'll have to forgive me if this slipped my mind. I don't sully my hands with PC games very often. But us console gamers will have to feel some pain next year. Some of us will play test Halo 3 for the eager people at Bungie. Others will just wish they were chosen. I'm going to start making up a defense now. I won't want people to see my tears when I'm not selected. If irony is truly my god, Super Castlevania will come out the same day Nick downloads his fancy Halo 3 Beta.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]