Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Lunch with Tom: One more new release

I can't believe I didn't mention The Family Guy game yesterday. Is a release list ever complete without a random licensed franchise? I was actually going to rent this from Gamefly until I realized Bully was coming out this week as well. I have no idea why I thought this was a good idea. Licensed games are almost exclusively horrible. Even when the source material is good the game ends up sucking. Look at 24: The Game. It's based on the best show on television but could only scrounge up a 64% rating. Disgraceful. So along comes Family Guy, based on an average show well past its prime, and I actually had high hopes for it? Sad but true.

As fate would have it, while waiting in line to preorder a Wii last Friday, I was next to a man who worked on this game. I won't mention his name here, but he assured me that Family Guy is nothing but crap. How could I argue with him? The man spent years working on this game. He is more inclined to build it up, make it seem better than it really is, just because he is completely delusional at this point. When you are immersed in crap for years you don't even realize there are happy alternatives out there. When he looked in my eyes and warned me to stay far away from it, I nodded. I had no choice. If you know what's good for you, you'll stay away from it too.

I'll leave you with a quote from him that ended our Family Guy conversation forever:

"It was in development for two and a half years and it's only going for $30. How good could it possibly be?"

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]