Sunday, June 04, 2006

Stepping back

I'm quite the casual gamer these days. Since we returned from E3, I literally haven't touched anything besides Table Tennis (see previous post), Uno (see next paragraph), Metroid Prime Pinball (excellent) and Lost in Blue (very cool, could use some hand-holding). Partially because I moved and only recently regained access to my full array, but mostly because I was a bit burnt out on games in general and wasn't ready to invest myself mentally in any new narrative experiences quite yet.

Actually, let me take a second to recognize how good Uno actually is. Yes, it's a silly little card game, but when you have a room full of buddies to play with it's really enjoyable and relaxing. The interface, controls and music are all done quite well, which doesn't sound like a tall task in such a simple game, but it comes together really nicely. Sure, real Uno is fun too, but this costs less, is infinitely more convenient, and I can play with my buddy in Japan. I also played some TT with Gabe from PA, who quite enjoyed the story of how Tom unwittingly asked his co-writer (the writer, NOT the illustrator) to draw him a Raptor Rex. Which I should probably post a picture of at some point.

It's probably a blessing in disguise, but this summer really is a dead one. July has Chromehounds, LoTR:BfME and Prey, but I'm not exactly shitting myself over those (though I'll probably buy them all), and June is just plain boring. As opposed to September, the fifth day of which could well be my favorite day in game release history with Loco Roco and Okami blessing our soil AT THE SAME TIME. So yeah, I have some time to kill. Tom seems to be content with Jade Empire filling his game holes, but I should probably start up MGS: Subsistence before I drift too far away from the whole damned pastime.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]