Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Go ahead, read

Todd sent me a damn interesting article on exactly how the recent rare game reprints (Gitaroo Man, Rez, Disgaea, Persona 2, Rhapsody, etc.) have been coming about. Without reading the whole thing, turns out Gamequestdirect.com has been fronting the money, a hundred grand a game, to publishers to reprint them, and keeping half of the profits. Gamestop even bought a chunk of them to sell as used games in their stores. Collectors like myself are a bit displeased with it, but if more people are getting to experience the incredulity of Rez as a result, I can't really say it's a bad thing. Though I would rather see budget priced reprints, which would further the idea that they're for a new audience, not just for GQD to make money. Anyhow, thought that was interesting, and could seriously affect the collection aspect of gaming in the long run.

Not a whole lot else is new, it's obviously the slow season for the industry. Still crossing with animals, still swimming with the plankton, still slaughtering Strogg, still questing for eight dragons. Wow, that was really lame. I'm basically biding my time until Black, which just looks obscene. And not that I'll necessarily be getting it for sure, but Battlefield 2 on the 360 is looking mighty fine. PC purists can whine all they want about the inferiority of Modern Combat, but I just can't imagine firing a tank with a keyboard. Nay, I shant ever be doing that. And if you think I'm all about guns and EA (which I most certainly am not), I'll also be picking up Chibi-Robo, because I like feeding fishes and cleaning up after people. That's it for now; I'll probably lay some more lovin' down on DQ8 soon enough (I know you guys are dying to hear about new grain sack details).

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]