Friday, March 11, 2005

Why I love Nintendo

If anyone has any doubt why I love Nintendo, just read this transcript from the Game Developers Conference yesterday. It is the speech given by Satoru Iwata, the head of Nintendo. I talked about the two "highlights" yesterday - backwards compatibility and built in Wi-Fi - but the most interesting parts are his philosophy as a gamer and where he sees this industry heading. I honestly don't think I would still be playing games if it wasn't for Nintendo. It seems that there is a line being drawn between gamers right now: those that love Nintendo and those that don't. There is no way to stop this divide, but I can at least show you the other side.

"Think about this. Someday our games won't look any better. What will we do then?"

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]