Thursday, February 24, 2005

Three of a kind

Alright, I give up. What the HELL is Killer 7? I mean, I know it's a game, I know it's coming out for Gamecube and PS2 in June, and I know it's made by Capcom's most inconsistent studio ever (Viewtiful Joe, P.N.03, Under the Skin, Resident Evil 4). I mean, watch the trailer - does it not make you want to vomit in confusion? Perhaps throw yourself out the nearest window? The plot is actually pretty cool, though it doesn't really make what you're seeing any clearer - an elderly assassin is wheelchair-bound, and must use his seven different personalities, who all have different powers, to do his job for him. The noir look and style are certainly badass, but man is that music terrifying. I also wish I had some inkling as to how the game will play; I'm gonna go with rail shooter, House of the Dead style, where the movement in-between areas is done for you. Then again, I remember the developer saying something about not wanting to reveal how gameplay actually works quite yet. Back to confusion. Let's move on.

Scott wanted me to write something about Samurai Western, which is apparently coming here if the translation of the trailer is anything to go by. It's funny how most of the games in EGM's cute lil' International section end up coming here anyways. So anybody remember Rising Zan?



Well, that was the last game I can think of that had cowboy hats and swords. Samurai Western looks fun, sure, but the combat looks so bloody generic. Just watching it makes me want to go play my God of War demo (though doesn't everything?). Though yes, chopping people up is always fun, so maybe it won't be so bad. (Man, I think the worst part of Resident Evil 4 so far was finding a huge sword and not being able to use it as a weapon - whose idea was that?).

Lastly, in my cavalcade of random games for the day, is HomeLand, a GAMECUBE MMORPG. Well, one disc contains a single-player quest, the other an online-only portion for thirty players to romp around together in online. The Animal Crossing/Katamari Damacy comparison, visually, is certainly spot-on, but jeez, do they expect people to find and buy GC Broadband Adaptors for this? "One of the most interesting aspects of HomeLand is the "hand holding" system, where you link with other characters in the game by holding hands. Forming a chain with fellow HomeLand denizens boosts your statistics and abilities, depending on the abilities of the characters you're with, of course." That sounds all well and cute to me, but try not to alienate the entire male populace all at once, would you? Anyhow, I'm glad this games exists and is coming out, I just wish the Gamecube got a real online game one of these days, not just this and POS (call it what you like, this is my acronym).

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]