Wednesday, January 12, 2005

What goes up...

Apparently I'm late to the party with this one, but Sony decided to pull co-op play, both online and off, from Rise of the Kasai. This, of course, if the sequel to one of my favorite PS2 games, Mark of Kri. MoK fashioned a beautiful, Disney-cartoon visual shell over hardened, grusome stealth gameplay, with an entirely unique combo combat system. While I'm sure Kasai will still be a great game (why wouldn't it be?) I'm pretty peeved about them pulling the co-op. When a sequel to a relatively simple game takes three years to come out, it's pretty understandable to expect big changes for the better. The co-op dynamic seemed to be the biggest difference/draw for the sequel, and while the computer will still control the second character, it's definitely not the same. What's up with Sony pulling online play from it's first-party games recently anyhow? Not that I give two damns about Gran Turismo 4, but a lot of people were pissed when they not only delayed it further, but announcing they were making it offline only. And while I can see reasons for pulling it from GT4, I can't see a one for Kasai. I'm sure not many people are anticipating it, the feature was obviously quite far along, and it could only make the game better/sell more copies. So what gives? Note to developers and publishers: co-op always makes games better. And it's worth your money and time.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]