Monday, December 20, 2004

Ok, this is getting obscene

"REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 20, 2004--Electronic Arts (Nasdaq:ERTS - News) today announced an investment in international game developer and publisher UbiSoft Entertainment, headquartered in Rennes, France. The investment represents approximately 19.9 percent interest in the company -- shares purchased as a block from Talpa Beheer B.V. to be completed upon obtaining antitrust clearance from the U.S. government. Financial terms were not disclosed."

First Criterion and Renderware, then the fucking NFL license, now a fifth of one of the best developers around these days, Ubisoft. I've always understood how Tom can see EA as being an evil company, but not until now have I seen a glimpse of their true satanic nature for myself. I fear for the industry with things like this going on. I still won't condemn them completely until they start regularly making/publishing bad games, but if they fuck up Batman I just might have to crack some skulls.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]