Monday, July 19, 2004

Scheduling conflicts

Hell yeah, bitches! Katamari "Motherfucking" Damacy, a fan favorite around here, is finally coming to the States. Everybody's favorite "your-dad-is-the-prince-of-the-cosmos-and-trashed-the-place-one-night-while-drunk-so-you-
as-a-tiny-alien-have-to-roll-up-everything-on-earth-from-an-orange-up-to-a-skyscraper-into-
balls-of-random-crap-to-replace-the-stars" game is coming over thanks to Namco, whom I will now worship for a short time.

However awesome this may be, it does represent a growing problem for me, and no doubt countless other over-eager gamers. There are too damn many great games coming out this fall. Fo' real. It's not even a problem financially - I'm sure i'll be able to scrape it together and find a good deal or flimsy raincheck policy or two - it's more an issue of time, unbelievably. And desire, I suppose. I mean, there have got to be at least 30 must-play games being released between September and December.

I will be purchasing, for sure: Halo 2, Fable, GTA: San Andreas, Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal, Burnout 3: Takedown, and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. If they're as good as I think they'll be, I'll also be purchasing The Movies, Star Wars Battlefront/Battlefield: Modern Combat, Mortal Kombat: Deception, and Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition. And finally, I will be playing through Second Sight, Silent Hill 4, Gradius V, X-Men Legends, Prince of Persia 2, Neo Contra, Devil May Cry 3, and Resident Evil 4, even if I have to rent them one at a time. There's a ton more I want to play, that's just the main stuff. And I won't even get into next spring, which is almost as ridiculous.

I mean, check this out: Fable - September 13. GTA: San Andreas - October 19th. Halo 2 - November 9th. Each of those games is an easy 50+ hours. Good times, for sure, but at what cost? Of course I could just "not play" a bunch of these games, but c'mon, you're reading the wrong site if you think that's the case - I'm obviously crazy.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]