Thursday, July 22, 2004

I've been there, it's not that scary

First, let us mourn the loss of Dead Rush. This GTA-plus-zombies, modern marvel of design was obviously way ahead of it's time. I mean, killing zombies with a car can't be any less fun than with a gun, right? Right? Well, seriously, Treyarch was making it, so it couldn't have been too bad. Though, it did look pretty awful. Either way, god rest it's 'organs stuck in your fender' soul.

Secondly, and I know Tom has written about this at length, Second Sight is going to kick ten types of ass. Free Radical can apparently do no wrong, and I'm sure this will be no different. In fact, after watching a recent video of some basic psionic stuff (the first I'd seen of anything besides gunplay), I've decided to return or trade-in Psi-Ops, having not even opened it. The video is that impressive (says I); they seem to have everything Psi-Ops has in SS, only done in infinitely more stylish and well-developed ways. Plus I'm not currently playing PO anyways, so I might as well get rid of it while it's worth something (because I assure you, once Second Sight comes out, it will not be). So there you have it. My allegiances lie with Free Radical when it comes to mind-control games, where they should be.

Also, Tom better be using the track-ripping ability in ESPN NFL 2K5 that he probably doesn't know about to make his crappy favorite band play every time he scores a touchdown, cause that feature is just plain cool, even with lame music. Along those lines, the fact that the whole ESPN lineup is $20 this year (including basketball, yay!) makes this old man quite pleased.

And finally, I don't know what the shit this game is about, but it looks hella scary. Dan, you should play through it with me, holding hands, under a blanket. And why does the new Hot Shots game look exactly the same as the last one only with more annoying caddies? Fuuuck that.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]