Friday, June 25, 2004

So...angry...

This game will be the death of me. I'm the maddest I've been in months, I kid you not. And it's not because it's really hard, like everyone whines about. I haven't found it that hard at all really, I've beaten the first three major bosses using 2, 3, and 1 life, respectively. But man, this shit is pissing me off. The game was going great, better than ever in fact, until I hit this god-forsaken underground monastery level. Now, what is it with underground levels and sucking? Norrath was at it's worst finding kittens in caves and riding a lava tractor - by far the worst area, maybe the only bad one in the game. And now this, in Ninja Gaiden. Fucking. Zombies. They're not hard, but my god, are they cheap. Cheapest goddamn enemies I've fought in a long, long time. The level was already pissing me off due to the inconsistent background interaction I've bitched about in the past (wall-running and jumping often shoots you off at weird, un-navigateble angles), but the zombies that showed up really put the icing on the crap cake. They appear in groups, beating you with giant axes while zombie archers take aim from afar. If you let your guard down for a second (and you have to, to go on the offensive) they tackle you and bite you, taking away about half of your life bar. And as soon as they're done, well, another one usually tackles you and bites you. And there's not a goddamn thing you can do about it. You can't even pause to consume some life elixir. And then you die. Repeat. Once I finally got out of two zombie-infested corridors, I had to fight zombies on an elevator, and then zombies in a big room with a path on the edge that spirals up. Shortly up the path, you face two zombie archers, standing on two pieces of rock you need to step on to continue. The problem is, the zombies fire at different times, so if you start to attack one, the other one will shoot you, knocking you down to the bottom of the room. If he doesn't do it, you'll fall off yourself just trying to attack them. And once at the bottom, guess what? All the enemies have respawned, including the two goddamn archers and everyone else when you head back up the path. I finally made it to the top thanks to a lot of lucky wall-running, but this whole escapade cost me all six of my small life elixirs and three of my four large ones. So fucking weak. I hate to just write updates bitching about Ninja Gaiden, but I really, really needed to vent. I'm really turned off of this game right now, but hopefully as soon as this section is over it'll be all uphill. TheSco and Kosmo, let me know if you have any good zombie-battling tactics.

Edit: Turns out that right after that whole fiasco, I had to fight the next boss, a giant bone dinodragon, with only my one large health container remaining, no place to buy more. Meaning, I had to have an almost flawless fight to beat him. Roughly fifteen tries later, I'm done with him. Fuck this game right now.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]