Sunday, May 09, 2004

Tidbits

It's nice to see yet another positive article about gaming. I think people, as in the general populace, are finally starting to realize that it's here to stay, and that it will really affect the culture of entertainment more and more with each new generation. And that's good.

So, Capcom's Monster Hunter is looking way sweet, but I can't fucking believe it's got a crappy-looking ripoff already. But yeah, hunting monsters online together is like the most badass idea ever, and I'm sure MH will be great.

This game, Creature Conflict: Clan Wars, despite it's awful trailer and advertising, looks like it could be damn fun, especially multiplayer. Blowing each other up as crazy cel-shaded animals with big weapons on randomly-generated, deformable planets is certainly up my alley. And really, I think the gaming industry in Hungary could probably use our support.

Tom is right about Microsoft needing to have something big at E3 since they're not unveiling new hardware like their competitors. Halo 2 and Fable and Half Life 2 and Doom 3 are all well and good, but we've been hearing about them since last E3. They need something new, and I can't imagine they've been holding back some massive, industry-stirring secret. I guess we'll find out next week.

The new Area 51 game is looking pretty great. I'm always down for a good FPS, and it looks like Midway, with their recent apparent UbiSoft-like commitment to excellence, seems ready to deliver. They can't quite back up their efforts yet like Ubi can, but I think by the end of the year they'll be a whole new company.

IGN wrote a nice preview of the upcoming X-Men Legends game. Besides the odd lack of 4-player co-op, the game looks like a ton of fun. I haven't been able to play as Nightcrawler in a game for way too long. I think it will be a standout at E3.

Saw Van Helsing tonight, pure fun. "Non-stop creature action," indeed. Recommended.

Apparently I'm just Mr. Positive tonight. Don't worry, I'm sure I'll be ripping on Microsoft or someone equally as deserving soon enough.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]