Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Headed for the Ice of Boston

So I'm going to Boston tomorrow until Monday, so probably no posting from me for like a week. I shall leave it up to Tomsie, my suburb-trotting accomplice. So, my parting thoughts on current industry/G-Pinions news:

Champions: Return to Arms (Norrath sequel): Heeeellll yeah. Dual axe-wielding Tiger people. Bring it.

EA's LotR RPG: Hmm, I think it will be very interesting to see how they pull this off, especially modeling it after FF like they've stated. The weirdest part of it is that you apparently play as an original character, and the Fellowship can join your party, but you can never be one of them. Of course, that's my impressions of somewhat loose news, but we'll see how that turns out. Also, Tom, I dunno what other American RPGs you've played besides KOTOR, but I'd say the only 80-hour movie game around is Xenosaga. And besides FFX-2 (I just couldn't get into the outfit changing dealie), I'd say FF battle systems are generally pretty fun depending on how much you like to strategize. There's just too many of them (battles). But anyhow, yeah, I've veeeery interested to see how this game turns out...

Okami: Goddamn, it does look gorgeous. Like a fucking watercolor painting. My only question, and sorry to be captain potential bringdown, is whether it's confirmed for release in the U.S. or not. Eh? If so, you know I'm down for that crazy wolf coloring action.

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes: Get a new name. I suggest "Metroid: Unless I Get a Standard FPS Controller Layout for my Multiplayer Mode, I Will Blow a Herd of Goats."

X-Box2 schematic "leak": 'Xenon' is a lame-o name, change it. Not that 'Playstation' isn't the worst name ever, in retrospect, but for fuck.

First "The Movies" movie: Wow, really cool. The people look a little like the Sims in terms of movement and such, which worries me, but the quality of everything, especially the shots and suspense, seems great.

Good PC games on consoles: Usually I wouldn't give a damn about any PC game coming to a console, but Farcry: Instincts for PS2 and X-Box, and Battlefield: Modern Combat for PS2 are definitely exceptions. They seem like great franchises and I can't wait to play them from my comfy comfy couch.

Randomness: I think I will be purchasing Onimusha 3 when I return. Fighting demons as Jean Reno with an energy whip isn't something you get to do every day. Well, unless you're Jean Reno.


Catch all y'all fools later. Word is bond.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]