Friday, April 23, 2004

The evolution of Combat Evolved

I have no idea how old this trailer is for Halo 2, but I just saw it for the first time so as far as I'm concerned it just came out. Anyway, this trailer looks amazing! It's all "Hey, I'm Halo" and everyone else (the rest of the FPSs) is like "Ah! Halo is back! Run!" and then it's like "You can't run, I have a Warthog bitch!" and then there's some really foul language and graphic violence.

There's this one awesome part in the trailer where your teammate is driving a Warthog and you get to jump in the back (!!!) and shoot down aliens (!!!!) in a really badass sequence. But then this huge alien who wasn't in Halo the first jumps on the front of the Warthog and swats both the driver and you clear out of the vehicle! I heard about how you can now knock people out of vehicles now, but seeing it in action is just amazing. Later on Master Chief jumps on a passing Ghost and knocks off the driver. It looks amazing. It probably makes you hit X at the appropriate time jump on and then some kind of fight actually knock them off.

Anyway, I was pumped at just the thought of Halo 2 before, but now that I've actually seen it in action... well, let's just say that my two most needed games are Jade Empire and Halo 2 and there isn't really a 3rd place at all.

Oh! I almost forgot to mention. Remember that whole "I will not buy another game until I win every single next generation game in my collection" bit I've been saying for the last month? No? Well, you should take notes when you read my posts from now on. Anyway, I ended up breaking yesterday and buying Brute Force for the Xbox. What could have possessed me to buy a good, but not great, shooter for the Xbox when I stressed I would not crack? Best Buy screwed me and I had to find something that cost $15 to buy. It can't be all bad, though. It is 2 player co-op and has a 4 player mode.

Detailed impressions when I'm reunited with my Xbox in a few days. I'm sure you're all waiting with baited breath.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]