Wednesday, March 31, 2004

No surgeon can save you...

I finally got to check out the new Resident Evil 4 video. This video. And I should say the NEW new Resident Evil 4, since they trashed everything they had so far and started over. At first when I heard that I was a little disappointed, because I really liked the whole sci-fi-ish, ghostly vibe I got from the old trailer. Oh, and I should also say that while I've never played through an entire Resident Evil game, I'm definitely a fan of the series. Why haven't I played through an entire game? Because I'm a big, hulking pussy. I have such a love/hate relationship with creepy game series' (especially Silent Hill, which is even better and even creepier). I love being scared as much as anyone else, but it always gets to a point that I just feel nervous turning on the game. Playing through such games with a pal is infinitely better, but it still deteriorates into even more total fear between two people. But yeah, the RE games have always been great (outside of the archaic controls), even if they're a little too spine-tingling to complete for some (me). With that said, Resident Evil 4 is the most amazing-looking game I've seen in ages. This trailer was almost a Half Life 2 level of awe for me. The completely convincing fire, the way the environment looks when lightning strikes, the sound and visual of a chainsaw being driving into your chest - insane. And being chased by that giant swimming thing while you haul ass back to your boat? Goddamn that looks frightening. And in broad daylight, too. This game seems like a must-buy just based on it being the tops of technology. This is the kind of game you show your parents, who proceed to shit their pants in shock of how far videogame technology, nay, entertainment technology as a whole, has come. I mean, if the next-gen systems can produce better-looking zombies, god help us all.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]