Sunday, February 29, 2004

The worst thing in the world!

You know, I am constantly spouting these crazy opinions and it seems as though something always happens that comes back to bite me in the ass.

Lately, I've been getting pissed about licensed games. I think too many developers rely on a big name to sell their product instead of innovation or deep gameplay. It seems like it's almost impossible to be successful in the market place without A)Having a recognizable name and B)Looking very pretty. Because of this, smaller developers that don't have EA or Activision publishing games for them could be lost forever. It's very sad to me.

When I found out they were making a video game version of one of my favorite movies, Fight Club, I got quite pissed. The movie came out October 1999 and, God damnit, isn't anything sacred anymore?

Then I read a rumor in the new EGM that EA (GRRRR) might be developing a new Mafia based shooter using The Godfather licensed. Yes, this pissed me off more than you can imagine. Maybe the greatest movies ever now being made into a lame (yes, it will be lame) game almost 30 years later. Can't you just buy a soul EA? Please, for the sake of the children.

But then, after all that bitching about how horrible licensed games and how EA and Activision and other big publishers are ruining the industry... there just happens to be some great licensed games. Well, one great one. But it happens to be my second favorite game of all time - Goldeneye.

But, Goldeneye is such an old game. Surely I didn't write a new post just to mention that, did I? Of course not. The latest rumor I just read has a brand new game based off of the greatest non comedic show of all time coming out in the future. No, not an America's Funniest Home Video game. Better than that. A game based on 24! Weeeeee!

I guess my excitement for this let's me see how maybe, just maybe, I can forgive the travesties of these money grubbing companies. I know the game can't be as good as the show. It's not possible. But it would be so much fun to control Jack Bauer. Maybe I can finally kill Kim or something. Man, I can't wait. Anyway, I guess the point of this is that everything evil has a good side as well. Except Nick.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]