Monday, February 09, 2004

Well now...

First I would like to address that PC's still have the edge in MMORPG's, because if you're playing one on a console, it means you have your console plugged into an internet connection that requires your damn PC to work (with the exception of the DC I guess). If you have a PC already, why play the PC game ports (which about half of the console MMORPGs are) on your crappy low-rez tv when you can be playing it in 1024X768 glory with EAX environmental sounds on the PC (which you already own) with a larger player base?

Moving on, I would also like to point out that even at it's peak, Westwood was still the retarded step child to the glory that was (is) Blizzard. Their peak was back when the first C&C came out, and lasted till Red Alert (the first one). I had the... Ahem... "Privilege" of being in the early phases of the closed beta of their MMORPG, Earth and Beyond. Let me tell you, I can smell a sinking ship when I'm on one.

On another note: NFS:U is pretty damn good. First game (that I know of) that lets people on a PC play against people on a console.

Correction: I guess you do need a PC (isp) for DC too.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]