Friday, February 20, 2004

Weapon of Choice: Scorpion

Though I still think the greatest level in the history of console (shut up Lanyon, CONSOLE!) first person shooters is the unbeatable Basement in Goldeneye (not surprisingly, still the best console FPS as well), Blood Gultch from Halo has got to be the second best one. Not only because it helped inspire the great online series Red vs Blue, but because it’s so versatile.

Ok, I know it’s simple. There’s a small, poorly constructed base on either side, with a vast field between them. Oh, and there are cliffs. Whoopee do, my four year old kid could design that. But you throw in a few people, a highly valuable flag and a Scorpion, and you have the most fun thing ever. Ever.

We played some mad 8 player Halo last night. Red vs Blue. Good vs Evil. Clean vs Dirty. Guilty vs Slight Less Guilty. It was my first 8-player Halo game ever, and I’ve owned the system for about 17 months now. Every second was pure gaming bliss.

Anyway, I didn’t really have a point to this post other than to mention I played 8 player Halo last night. I guess I’m kind of bragging, but everyone else has already done it, so why should you be impressed? Well, you should be impressed, damnit! Because it was the greatest thing ever. Sure, if those golden retards didn’t repeatedly unplug our connection, causing our game to crash over and over, it could have been more fun. But during those brief moments when people weren’t ruining our fun, it was gaming heaven. Can’t wait until we play some 8 player Timesplitters 2 tomorrow. You getting on that multitap Diego?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]