Saturday, February 07, 2004

The reason I don't have a butler.

This morning I was victim to the atrocities that are "The Apple Store". I'm not talking about the flaky atmosphere or the lack of color on the walls (and half the products) or the strange German music they pipe in, but rather the glaring constant reminder of why I don't own a Mac.

For you see... The Mac is the reason I am poor.

I use my PC for a handful of things, but the bulk of it lands in gaming and audio editing / mixing / recording / ect.

Anyone who has ever used a PC for editing audio will instantly be able to regale to you the lack of decent audio software available for the PC as opposed to the Mac. But surely I would just get a Mac then? Oh-ho-ho, no no my friend.

For you see, there, lined in one small isle in the Apple store was their game selection. Classics like Quake 3! Giants! Starcraft!

Hey! Awesome! I beat all those games 4 years ago!

There-in lies the problem. I ultimately have a choice. Do I use the system that has available the tools to make me into a world famous abstract techno superstar (or rockstar or country singer, or whatever those damn kids are listening to these days), or do I choose the system that will allow me to play games that were developed within the past 8 years?

Well, gone now are my dreams of glory, selling out Madison Square Garden, and having a hot supermodel girlfriend. Instead I get to play counterstike with a 14 year old kid who says I'm a fag.

Such is life. On a related note, I would strongly recommend against the XBox port of CS. It's like eating a brillo pad, which is similar to the PC versions "eating shards of glass" experience.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]