Thursday, February 19, 2004

Realms of Ainslie

So now that I have my crib to myself for a month, I figure I'll be hitting the games pretty hard. Especially cause I just got NesterDC, which allows me to play pretty much any Nintendo game (NES, that is). Tom's had it for a while, so I'm sure he can attest to it's sweetness. And I got one for SNES and Genesis too, I just have to get that shit workin'. Tom and I have been playing plenty more C.O.Norrath, including a several hour romp today with Dan and eventually Diego. Four-player got a little hectic, but it was only for a bit, thankfully. And I don't agree with Penny Arcade/Tom that this makes Nintendo seem even smarter for making FF:CC require the GBAs, because if you had to manage Norrath's complex inventory fiasco in your lap, the other player would have to wait for your anyhow or you'd be rocked by one of the nearly constant swaths of monsters, especially if you were autofollowing. Unless you had an autoattack, but now we're just getting silly. Anyhow, Norrath has levelled out a bit in terms of the 'awesome surprises and new spells and such around every corner' factor, but it's still great and each pair of level 19 Pantaloons of Grandiose that I pick up keeps me thirsting for more till I reach that level.

I think I'm going to do a trial Netflix run. Anyone have any feedback on them?

Oh, almost forgot - Halo party tomorrow and Timesplitters2 party on Saturday. Geek life is good.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]