Saturday, February 07, 2004

No sleep and no socom makes nick go something something...

So to keep myself awake yesterday (on 30+ hours of being awake, in a bobble-headed stupor of trying to not pass out), I watched Hulk (again) and Rounders (for the first time). Then today I watched most of the Hulk extras. Hulk is so goddamn good. I can't believe it came and went with such little attention (relative to far bigger, far crappier movies *cough* Matrix 2 *cough*). Hulk looks perfect, and anyone who disagrees has obviously not seen any 20-foot green men, never mind one. In the extras it shows Ang Lee doing a lot of the motion capture work himself, which is pretty sweet to see. I love it when directors get up in their shit like that. Rounders was more than the "ultimate mediocre movie" that Tom and Dan made it sound like, but not too much more. Ed Norton rocked, per usual, and everything else was up to standard (except Gretchen Mol, ouch). Tom really likes these articles about the movie in relation to basketball, and I figured I'd beat him to the link. Decent reads if you like basketball and have seen the film.

In the world of games (what this site is supposedly, y'know, about), I'm strongly considering buying Champions of Norrath: Realms of Everquest. The demo kicks significant ass, and I don't think I can pass up 4-player co-op, online or off. An despite what was said about it earlier, it does support the headset for online play, so that's gonna be some pretty sweet communal nerding. You can always randomly generate a dungeon too, which makes that shit endless as long as the gameplay stands up. I sense it will with 20,000 items to collect, such as 'Worn Smelly Boots of The Stench Beast' (I made that one up). My Socom2 has been acting up, deciding it doesn't want to let me play online. Pretty damn frustrating right in the middle of an online bend. I was just about to become a captain, too. Lame. Comcast better get my internet running top-notch asap. I need my fix.

Lest I forgot, this site wouldn't be nearly as interesting if Tom and I didn't disagree (EA, Big Fish, etc.) on or discuss many a thing. So, a few thoughts on his thought: Yes, Skeleton will probably be awesome, but I'm worried it won't be as good as the trailer, which is gold. I still hella look forward to it though. And as far as FF:CC being the greatest 4-player game ever, well, I'm sure it's damn good, but not for...$250+ (total cost of equipment to play 4-player). And if they're gonna finally make a Square game on Gamecube, why not make a proper one and save the team/battle/RPG idea for a new Mario RPG? Eh, I guess Nintendo should take what they can get.

Word.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]